It’s been close to a year and a half since Queensbridge lyricist Nas’ missed appearance at a December 2011 show in Angola resulted in the capture of a concert promoter and his son, and the rapper is still facing legal woes surrounding the kidnapping of the two men. According to NJ.com, Nas’ attorney has requested that a judge throw out a $10 million lawsuit the promoter, Allgood Entertainment’s Patrick Allocco, filed last year. The attorney for the rapper stated that any money Nas received from Allocco was eventually returned to the promoter and on top of that Allocco previously revealed that he wouldn’t sue the rapper once he was repaid his $300,000. It’s unclear what exactly the $10 million requested in the lawsuit covers, but Allocco’s lawsuit does make mention of various financial losses, physical trauma, and even his son’s post-traumatic stress disorder. Allocco and his son were kidnapped in Angola in late 2011 by employees of concert promoter Henrique “Riquhino” Miguel after Nas was a no-show at a New Year’s Eve concert he was scheduled to perform at in the country. When questioned about the incident during an interview last year, Nas revealed that proper travel arrangements were never made and he didn’t receive his $300,000 until after he would have traveled to Angola.
Nas is still locked into a legal battle with concert promoter Patrick Allocco over the missed 2011 show that landed the promoter and his son in an Angolan prison. Allocco is seeking $10 million but the two parties have not been able thus far to even have a conference call with judge, as per hearing requirements. According to Allocco’s New York-based attorney, Bill Meeker, he and Nas’ lawyer, Jonathan Davis, missed an initial conference back on April 2, but both parties asked for an adjournment, which was granted. Neither attorney has been able to agree upon a new date for the required call. Meeker claims that Davis is seeking to have the judge dismiss Allocco’s lawsuit.
Nas is facing a $10 million suit over an apparent no show at a concert gig in Angola that resulted into an alleged kidnapping. TMZ reports that Patrick Allocco claims he was kidnapped in December 2011 after Nas failed to show up for a New Year’s Eve concert despite taking the $300,000 fee. Allocco says he was held ransom by Angolan promoters because they wanted their money back. He wasn’t released until February 2012. More from TMZ on the suit:
According to a new federal lawsuit filed Friday, Allocco wants the rapper to pay for what happened to him. Specifically, he claims he was held captive for 50 days — during which time he says he was beaten and threatened constantly.
Allocco is suing Nas for $10 million, claiming he suffered psychologically, physically and financially. He claims that while stuck in Angola, he was unable to do business … and as a result lost his home and his company.