It’s tough being a Black man in Hollywood, even if your name is Sean “Diddy” Combs. Actually, in this case it’s a Black man’s pricey car and its occupants that go through the struggle.
Diddy caused a big commotion outside the most swanky place in L.A. today … well, it was actually Diddy’s car that triggered a guns-drawn response by L.A. County Sheriff’s deputies. We’ve learned Diddy had just been dropped off at the Soho House … an ultra-exclusive, private club in West Hollywood. Diddy’s bodyguard and another person drove Diddy’s $500,000 Maybach away from Soho, but they didn’t get far. We’re told someone called 911 and said someone inside the Maybach had a gun. At least 9 squad cars roared to the scene. Cops pulled their guns and ordered the occupants of the Maybach out of the car and made them lie prone on the ground, until they discovered there weren’t any guns. The street was closed down temporarily until deputies gave the all-clear.
French Montana has expectations of himself but also knows his limitations. Rather than set a high standard for himself, he is well aware of how he’s found success. Montana has no problem boasting about how great his Excuse My French debut will be but went a step further in stating what we already know. “Obviously I don’t be trying to get lyrical,” he told ExclusiveZone.net. “It’s not a secret.” Since he’s not hung up on content, the Coke Boy’s hitmaking process is pretty simple. “I just make music out of love and feeling. I wake up feeling f—ed up, I make a f—ed up song.” So far Montana’s method has been pretty successful. He’s jumped on numerous hits singles in the last year, and earned his own gold plague for “Pop That.” His highly anticipated debut is set to drop May 21 and will feature appearance from the likes of Rick Ross, Diddy, Reakwon, Birdman, and Ace Hood.
Between attacking Rick Ross’ latest mixtape, questioningDrake’s credibility and even trashing Kendrick Lamar’sdebut LP, Shyne has been keeping himself busy taking other artists to task. Now, in an exclusive interview withAllHipHop, the former Bad Boy once again sets his sights on his old boss Diddy.
Shyne explained that the origins of his antipathy for Diddy stem from the lack of financial assistance Diddy has provided for the family of his slain bodyguard Anthony “Wolf” Jones. He said that he witnessed first-hand Jones laying his life on the line for the Bad Boy mogul, only to have Diddy shirk his responsibilities to Jones’ family following his death.
“The testament to [my beef with Diddy] is the way he treats Anthony ‘Wolf’ Jones’ mother and his family. If it wasn’t for Anthony Wolf Jones, he [Diddy] wouldn’t be alive today. I know this for a fact,” he said. “Suge Knight was on his back and Wolf was the guy that kept Diddy alive. You would think that after he passed away he would have gratitude forever, especially when you think about the way that he’s rolling. How you not sending your man’s kid’s off to college? How you not take care of your man’s mother mortgage?”
Shyne also spoke on his plans to return to the United States to perform. The Belize-born emcee blames President Barack Obama for his current visa issues, saying that he plans to return to the States by March of next year, with or without the POTUS‘ help.
“We working on that and for whatever reason President Obama don’t see the benefit that I bring to the African and Latin-American impoverished communities throughout the United States of America,” he said. “He doesn’t seem to get the fact that [there is] nobody more [qualified] than myself to speak to these kids in an honest way with integrity, that can influence them to change their lives and turn their lives around. He doesn’t get the fact that I’m the spokesperson to combat the violence in inner cities. But we working on getting that visa, so I should be in the United States in March of 2013, with or without Obama.”